Elon Musk continues to tease cryptocurrency aficionados. After quite a few tweets concerning the meme-coin Dogecoin, the CEO of Tesla has his sight set on decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Elon Musk is undoubtedly one of the crucial fascinating individuals concerned with cryptocurrencies. Aside from being one of many richest males in the entire world, he’s additionally eccentric and unorthodox in the best way he communicates together with his large Twitter following and with media generally.
- He broke headlines many instances this yr after mentioning Dogecoin on a number of events, most of which led to large will increase within the worth of the cryptocurrency.
- Now, Musk appears to have his sight set on decentralized finance (DeFi).
- In a tweet fired just some minutes in the past, he teased proponents, saying, “don’t defy DeFi.” Whereas it stays unknown whether or not he meant one thing by it or he simply finds the wordplay fascinating, it does present that he’s conscious of the comparatively nascent subject of decentralized finance.
Don’t defy DeFi
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 25, 2021
- Naturally, the tweet garnered the eye of many influential individuals within the subject, together with TRON’s Justin Solar.
- In any case, Musk’s tweet comes at a considerably difficult time for DeFi-based cryptocurrencies as loads of them are struggling over the previous few days. This consists of among the main gamers within the subject, similar to Uniswap’s UNI, LINK, AAVE, SUSHI, and so forth – all of which chart double-digit decreases over the past week.
- It’s additionally value noting that Musk tweeted this only a day after Tesla announced that it’ll settle for BTC as funds for its merchandise.
Featured picture courtesy of Bloomberg Quint
PrimeXBT Particular Supply: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO35 code to get 35% free bonus on any deposit as much as 1 BTC.